To stay updated and connected with our weather updates, follow our social media pages below:
AF CONNECT HOW-TO
1. Download AF Connect App from Apple or Google Play stores.
2. Open the application and click “Favorites” (with a star symbol above it) at the bottom right corner.
3. Click the “Add More” Button.
4. Click the search box and type in “Whiteman Air Force Base”.
5. Click the “+” symbol to the left of the “Whiteman Air Force Base” name to add the unit.
6. Click Whiteman Air Force Base. This will take you to the list of features.
7. Look for a feature that says “Notifications” and displays a picture of a radio tower sending signals.
***NOTE: DO NOT CLICK THE WEATHER FEATURE IF LOOKING FOR BASE CLOSURE/INCLEMENT WEATHER NOTIFICATIONS.
***NOTE: TO RECEIVE WEATHER NOTIFICATION MESSAGES WITH THE APP, LOCATION MUST BE ON.
Find any computer connected to the Whiteman AFB network. Click on the tray in the bottom-right corner of the screen (usually where the volume button resides). Right click on the pale white and purple globe with the label "At Hoc" and select "Access Self-Service". Input contact information for how you want to be contacted (e.g. phone numbers, email addresses, texts). Once updated, notifications will be pushed to your devices.
To access the Self-Service settings click the URL: https://iwsalerts.acc.af.mil/SelfService/ActivityFeed.
BELOW IS THE 509TH BOMB WING APPROVED DIRECTIVE FOR WEATHER ALERTS
1. BASE OPEN: All Team Whiteman members report at their normal scheduled duty times -- this is our normal day-to-day reporting status.
2. DELAYED REPORTING: During this status we delay reporting until no earlier than the time specified in the message you receive. For example, “Due to ongoing snow removal, all personnel--except those designated as mission essential—should delay reporting until 9:30 a.m.” If your particular shift report time is after the report time in the message, you report at your normally scheduled time, such as swing and mid-shifts. This reporting facilitates effective and efficient snow removal and will get our mission execution back on track as soon as possible.
3. LIMITED REPORTING: During inclement weather events, unit commanders will identify sections and individuals that will report to base based on current mission requirements. All others stay home; you will be provided regular updates on the status of the base. Mission Essential personnel should be explicitly aware of their role and designation as mission essential. If you have any questions regarding your role, please use your chain of command to determine your reporting status and expectations.
During a Mission Essential Personnel Only status, many base functions and services will be closed or severely limited. Exercise the utmost caution on roadways if you are travelling to work. As always, Airmen should maintain contact and communication with their chain of command.
4. EARLY RELEASE: This occurs when the installation commander directs an early release from duty, which may result from a weather event or any emerging situation. The message you receive will specify the affected demographic. Regular updates will be provided to ensure personnel are aware of the base status for the following day.
5. FOR ROAD CONDITIONS: https://www.modot.org/