Manage TRICARE Prime Online with BWE


Looking for an easy way to manage your TRICARE Prime enrollment? Eligible service members and their family can do just that by using the Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) Web site.


Through BWE, you can:


  • Enroll in Prime
  • Make your initial enrollment fee payment
  • Choose a primary care manager (PCM)*
  • Update personal information and DEERS records
  • Transfer enrollment to a new location or region
  • Convert active duty to retiree enrollment
  • Add Other Health Insurance (OHI) information
  • Request a new enrollment card


*Enrollment to a military clinic PCM, civilian PCM or a PCM change, may be subject to approval by the local military clinic commander.


To access BWE, visit www.triwest.com/bwe and click the link at the top of the page. You will need a Valid Certified Common Access Card, Defense Financial and Accounting Services myPay PIN or a DS Logon (also referred to as a DoD Self-Service Logon) to use the service.


Note that TRICARE Overseas Prime beneficiaries cannot use BWE. These enrollees should contact their TRICARE Area Office for more information about eligibility and enrollment.


Additionally, if you use BWE to change your PCM, remember the BWE site does not factor in drive time from your home to your PCM. If you select a PCM located more than 30 minutes from your home, you are accepting a waiver of TRICARE's Access to Care standards.


To learn more about Beneficiary Web Enrollment or to get started using it right away, visit www.triwest.com/bwe.