Whiteman AFB tax center now open
By 509th Bomb Wing Legal Office, 509th Bomb Wing
/ Published February 05, 2018
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE, Mo. --
The Whiteman Air Force Base Tax Center opened Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018, for free advice, assistance, preparation and electronic filing of federal and state income tax returns through the Internal Revenue Service’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
Active duty military members, retirees, military dependents, and Department of Defense civilians may receive assistance.
Location: The Tax Center is located in the Professional Development Center building 515, Room 209. A satellite location will also be open at The University of Central Missouri’s Whiteman Veteran’s Center, located on the ground floor of Elliot Union.
Tax Center hours of operation: The Base Tax Center will be open for appointment only Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. and will accept walk-in’s on Friday from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. until April 17, 2018. The satellite location at UCM will be open on Tuesday and Thursdays from 5-8 p.m. by appointment only.
To receive tax preparation/e-filing assistance, you must bring:
• Photo IDs – Proof of identification (taxpayer/spouse)
• Social security cards (or ITIN card, if applicable) (taxpayer/spouse/dependents)
• Birth dates (taxpayer/spouse/dependents)
• Prior year tax return (they no longer have copies of prior returns for previous clients)
• Wage/income statements (i.e. W-2s, W-2G, 1099-B, 1099-R, 1099-G, 1099-Misc.)
• Interest and dividend statements (1099-INT, 1099-DIV)
• Affordable Care Act healthcare documents (IRS Form 1095-A, 1095-B or 1095-C)
• Dependent care information (daycare provider name, address, tax ID # and amount paid)
• Education credit information (1098-T and receipts for out-of-pocket expenses)
• Proof of bank routing and account number (for direct debits or direct withdrawals)
• Any other forms applicable to your return (i.e. “1098-E Student Loan Interest Paid”, 5498 IRA contributions, 1098 Mortgage Interest Paid, real estate taxes)
To ask questions or schedule an appointment, call the 509th BW Legal Office at 660-687-3672.