Colonel Bruce T. Guest is the Commander, 509th Maintenance Group, 509th Bomb Wing, Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri. As Commander, he leads over 1,450 personnel in support of the Air Force’s fleet of 20 B-2A Spirit aircraft. His group provides low observable aircraft and safe, secure, and reliable weapons enabling the 509th Bomb Wing to execute deterrence, assurance, and global power missions for the nation.
Col. Guest was commissioned into the Air Force via Reserve Officer Training Corps in 1999, where he was the Cadet Wing Commander. He has filled multiple aircraft maintenance officer positions on B-52H, C-20C, C-32A, EC/C-130H/J, F-15E, F-16, RQ-1, HH-60, U-2S, and VC-25A aircraft while assigned to various U.S. and deployed locations. He has commanded two maintenance squadrons and has also served as a Deputy Commander for two maintenance groups, a mission support group, and an expeditionary operations group.
Prior to this position he served as the Chief of the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile and Helicopter Maintenance Division, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, Louisiana.
1999 Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Texas Christian University, Ft. Worth
2000 Aircraft Maintenance Officers Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2000 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2005 Bachelor of Science in Geography, East Carolina University, Greenville, N.C. Summa Cum Laude
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., Top Third Graduate
2010 Master’s Degree in Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach Fla.,
Magna Cum Laude
2011 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2011 Master’s Degree in Military Arts and Sciences, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Air War College, by correspondence
1. February 2000–September 2000, Aerospace Ground Equipment Flight Commander, 4th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
2. September 2000–February 2002, Sortie Support Flight Commander, 333rd Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
3. February–October 2002, Officer in Charge, Quality Assurance, 4th Logistics Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
4. October 2002–March 2003, Officer in Charge, Quality Assurance, 4th Maintenance Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
5. March 2003–July 2006, Support Flight Commander, 369th Recruiting Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
6. July 2006–June 2007, Accessories Flight Commander, 56th Component Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. June 2007–January 2009, Officer in Charge, 310th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 756th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
8. January 2009–February 2011, Maintenance Operations Officer, 5th Reconnaissance Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
9. February 2011–February 2012, Operations Officer, 2nd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
10. February 2012–May 2013, Commander, 2nd Maintenance Operations Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
11. June 2013–July 2017, Commander, Presidential Logistics Squadron, Joint Base Andrews Md.
12. July 2017–July 2020, Deputy Commander, 5th Maintenance Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
13. July 2020–June 2021, Deputy Commander, 5th Mission Support Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
14. June 2021–June 2022, Chief, Intercontinental Ballistic Missile and Helicopter Maintenance Division, Barksdale AFB, La.
15. June 2022–Present, Commander, 509th Maintenance Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec. 17, 1999
First Lieutenant Jan. 16, 2002
Captain Jan. 26, 2004
Major Oct. 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2015
Colonel Aug. 1, 2021
(Current as of June 2022)