Kids, teachers return to school
By Information courtesy of the Whiteman Elementary School , .
/ Published August 15, 2007
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE, Mo. --
School is back in session, and Whiteman Elementary School would like to provide parents and other drivers some tips to help them make the children's arrival and dismissal as safe as possible.
When picking up children
- Stay in your vehicle when in the circle. The students will load from the sidewalk only.
- Park in the lot when coming inside to meet your children.
- Observe the "No Parking" areas. Students will not be able to cross any parking areas without an adult.
- Crossing guards will assist the students that are walking or going to the youth center.
- The bus/fire lane should not be used at anytime.
School opens at 7:30 a.m. Students should not be dropped off early.
Breakfast is served from 7:40 - 8 a.m. The cost is $1.30. Students will wait for the start of school in the gym with their grade level. Children will be dismissed to go to their classrooms at 8:10. Students should be in class by 8:25 a.m. to avoid being tardy.
Students riding the first run of buses - 16A and 13A - will be dismissed at 3:10 p.m. Walkers, bike riders and car riders will be dismissed at 3:15 p.m. After school groups will meet in the cafeteria and the group sponsors will collect the students for their meetings.
After school groups are:
- Kids That Care
- Computer Club
- Newspaper Club
- Honor Choir
- Recorder Band