509th BW commander updates COVID posture
By 509th Bomb Wing Public Affairs
/ Published July 26, 2021
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE, Mo. --
Col. Daniel Diehl, 509th Bomb Wing commander, has updated the COVID posture for Whiteman Air Force Base due to rising infection rates in both the state and local area. Along with the signed Declaration of Public Health Emergency and a shift to HPCON Bravo, the following changes are effective immediately:
- Masks will be worn by all personnel, regardless of vaccination status, in all facilities on the installation and when unable to socially distance outdoors. Active Duty members, regardless of vaccination status, are required to follow this both on and off base.
- Units are responsible for defining the appropriate number of people allowed in work centers and event space based on the ability to social distance.
- The CDC and Youth Center will maintain current capacity and current mask policies.
- The installation dining areas will be kept open.
- Masks will be worn in fitness center if not actively working out in the weight room/cardio room/basketball court.
- No change to organized sports or PT testing policies.
- No travel radius will be implemented for members on leave or pass status.
- Medical Group COVID testing is for medical necessity or official travel only. COVID testing for unofficial travel will need to be coordinated with off base providers.
Airmen should contact their chain of command with any questions regarding this policy or any of the associated changes.
"Team, we need your help with stopping this spike before it gets out of hand and causes further impact," Diehl said. "Getting back to the basics now will ensure that we can continue to accomplish our mission while allowing us to more quickly return to normal."
Whiteman AFB COVID Posture update - 26 July
Declaration of Public Health Emergency - 26 July