Tours are geared toward members of the general public who are interested in learning more about the history, missions and assets of Whiteman Air Force Base.
If you are a member of Whiteman AFB, you can sign up for family tours on the Whiteman SharePoint under the 509th Maintenance Group.
- Tours are available from February through October.
- Tours are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- When reserving your date, please send the amount of people who will be attending the tour in your initial email.
- The max for each tour is 40 people and the minimum per tour is 30 people (exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Children under 13 will need to bring their SSN card, birth certificate or a passport for flightline access.
- Tours take place between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tour times vary per group and can be as short as half a day to the full 8 hours.
- If your tour takes place during lunch, you can bring your own lunch or use on base facilities.
- Transportation for the base portion a of a tour can be organized by one of the below methods.
- Use your bus. We will need the driver's info added to the guest info form and the vehicle information which can be sent via email.
- Use a base bus. Your group will meet us at the Royal Oaks Golf Course to be picked up.
- Tour requests, including the required paperwork, must be provided to the 509th BW Public Affairs Office no later than 60 days before the requested tour date.
- If a member of your tour is not an American citizen, the tour request including the required paperwork must be provided to the 509th BW Public Affairs Office no later than 90 days before the requested tour date.
- After you email your date to firstname.lastname@example.org and it is confirmed by our office, you will have two weeks to fill out the required paperwork. If you do not meet the two-week deadline, your chosen date will be placed back on the website.
- Security clearance is not required for tours, unless your group has a special request that requires one.
- Depending on the COVID guidance, members may need to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours of tour date to be allowed on base. This will be indicated after you confirm your tour date.
- Required tour forms. (Forms are located at the bottom of the page)
- For group tours, please complete both the Guest information form with everyone’s information who will be attending the tour and the Gatekeeper form stating background about your group, what you would like to see on your tour, and why you would like a tour.
- For the Spirit Tour, individuals will only need to complete the Guest information form.
If a member of your tour is a non-U.S Citizen, you will also need to complete the Foreign National form.
- All personally identifiable information (PII) must be sent through one of the below methods:
- An encrypted/password protected email to email@example.com. Please call our office at 660-687-5727 with the password.
- Faxed to the 509 Bomb Wing Public Affairs Office at 660-687-7948.
- If you do not have access to a fax machine or you do not have the ability to password protect your documents, please email us to let us know and we will send you a link for you to input your information.
- Whiteman AFB is an active base and due to mission requirements, these tours may be cancelled or rescheduled with little or no notice. Tour requests will have to be handled on a case-by-case basis. We apologize for any requests that cannot be met due to the current situation.
Guest information Form
Gatekeeper Request Form
Foreign National Form