The Global Assessment Tool (GAT) provides a person with a baseline in four dimensions of strength: emotional, social, spiritual and Family; and provides an opportunity to track self-development and growth in these areas over time.
Click here to take the GAT.
ASK your wingman
· Have the courage to ask the question, but stay calm
· Ask the question directly: Are you thinking of killing yourself?
CARE for your wingman
· Calmly control the situation; do not use force; be safe
· Actively listen to show understanding and produce relief
· Remove any means that could be used for self-injury
ESCORT your wingman
· Never leave your buddy alone
· Escort to chain of command, Chaplain, behavioral health professional, or primary care provider
· Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 (TALK)